DECREPIT RITUALS hallmarks an era of a revitalised DEFAMER. After the success of their debut 2009 album CHASM, subsequent touring over Australia and New Zealand, and the departure of guitarist, Mitchell Rogers; DEFAMER return at full length with eight rituals of decrepitude.
DECREPIT RITUALS offers a refined and distilled dose of death metal. Making the executive decision to remain with one guitarist, Sam Alcock has twisted contemporary death metal with the older schooled sound of the yesteryear. Guitar riffs invert at a bile-evoking pace into fever pitched insanity. Exposure to DECREPIT RITUALS leaves one unsettled, broiled, and disparaged.
DECREPIT RITUALS recorded across latter 2011; DEFAMER has again invoked Ean Redman for recording and mixing duties, along with guitarist Sam Alcock. increasing his involvement in the process. DEFAMER ensured meticulous standards were in place to capture the abominating sonic orgies and secure with conviction. Mastering was finalised by Jason “PC” Fuller at Goatsounds, Melbourne to mark the final ritual in the process.
After completing a hiatus from extensive touring, DEFAMER will be taking to the road for an initial 11 day Australian/Japanese tour in support of ‘DECREPIT RITUALS’.
- Friday Feb 24th – MOON STEP. Tokyo, Japan.
- Saturday Feb 25th – MESCALIN DRIVE. Shizuoka, Japan
- Sunday Feb 26th – CLUB VIJON. Osaka, Japan
- Monday Feb 27th – IMAGE. Okayama, Japan
- Tuesday Feb 28th – KIETH FLACK. Fukuoka, Japan
- Thursday March 8th – Hotel Norville (ALL AGES). Toowoomba, Australia.
- Friday March 9th – The Jubilee Hotel (downstairs). Brisbane, Australia
- Saturday March 10th – The Bald Faced Stag. Sydney, Australia
- Sunday March 11th (Public Holiday eve) – The Bendigo Hotel. Melbourne, Australia.
- Monday March 12th – The Pot Belly Bar. Canberra, Australia.
- Friday March 16th – The Amplifier Bar. Perth, Australia.
DEFAMER’s inception began late 2006 with sole intention of creating uncompromising death metal. After locally circulating a self titled demo in 2007 and following up with the “In Winter It Began” demo in 2008, DEFAMER shot to national infamy playing interstate festivals, supporting the likes of VADER, CARCASS, and CANNIBAL CORPSE. January 2009 saw DEFAMER unleash the debut full length CHASM with reviews hailing it as a chaotic and relentless onslaught. Recorded live in a desolate area in Brisbane’s far north, the band wanted to capture the intense energy that met the pinnacles of their live reputation. Upon release the band toured Australia incessantly and made the leap over the Tasman Sea to New Zealand with grinders HUMAN in support of The Great Rift / Anti 7″ split. After the departure of guitarist Mitchell Rogers, the remaining members of DEFAMER became focused on finalising material for a new record. Live shows boded well as a four piece and the writing took on a more condensed death metal sound to emerge with their sophomore album, DECREPIT RITUALS and an eleven date Japanese and Australian tour over February and March 2012.
DEFAMER is Sam Alcock – Guitar, James Geekie – Drums, Kris Sadler – Bass Guitar, Tim Smith – Vocals.